Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Play by Post Games

Interactive fiction in the Old World

You are not logged in.

#1 Monday, 6th October 2014 12:36

Grognard
Spergelord

Introductions

When posting an introduction, please tell us a bit about yourself (a/s/l) and what your interests are e.g. antiques roadshow, extreme bondage, taxidermy etc.

I think it important to also indulge bullshit HR exercises, such as naming your Power Animal and why it represents your struggle for greater self awareness etc.

So we'll go with that too ..

I am to nerds what nerds are to normal people.

#2 Monday, 6th October 2014 12:36

Grognard
Spergelord

Re: Introductions

Ok I'll start the ball rolling.

Sex: Obviously

I work nights. :-|

I have no idea what I am doing here with all you nerds.

My interests include: trying to persuade middle aged men to play let's pretend over the interwebs using walls of teeny tiny text on an eye melting white background, sitting up all night on my days off and literally personifying vitamin D deficiency and repeatedly failing my driving test.

Like most degenerates I recently discovered a whole load of extra time after kicking the mmorpg habit. So I took up jogging and stopped eating pizza every night. I lost 40lbs and rediscovered the Joy of Sexting.

I work for a charity that tries to support homeless people back in to a normal independent lifestyle. Its surprisingly rewarding, despite me being terrible at it.

My Power Animal is a Wolf. Four legs are more efficient than two and I like to work as part of a team to achieve my goals. I'm definitely a Team Player.

(vomit)

#3 Monday, 6th October 2014 12:37

Snotling
Save the Snotlings!
Website

Sex: I gots kids - so you figure it out

Job : I work with computers, kinda of an administrator.

My interests include: Kids (mine), RPGs (playing, painting minis, terrain building, etc), computer stuff and not ticking off the wife.

Recently stopped playing WoW... as much as I played, the time spent got taken up by other things.. so now i think I have even less. Amazing.

My Power Animal? Monkey.. because I like flinging poo.

Last edited by Snotling (Friday, 10th October 2014 01:03)

#4 Monday, 6th October 2014 12:40

Moracai
Probey

A: 35ish
S: Moar plz
L: Finland, west coast

My interests include Tabletop RPGs, boardgames, basketball during summers, beer, martial arts (in theory mostly nowadays) and avoiding cities and coldness. Also I'm an information junkie. A virtual sponge for all things uninteresting to most people. For example, at the moment I would be interested in learning more about trapping, but haven't bothered myself too much about it yet.

At the moment I work an uniteresting and useless phone job that is mostly a hobby to me. An excuse to wake up early and go to town every day. Previously I've been in restaurant and car businesses, but the dreaded economy toppled my previous job.

My power animal is either marsupilami or capybara. Take your pick.

#5 Monday, 6th October 2014 12:43

Otvem
Majoor Majoor

Ok I'll start the ball rolling.

Sex: whereever and whenever
Job: Officer in the Royal Netherlands Army
Interests: Sports a lot of sports. Doing stuff with my kids APPLE fanboy bigtime and besides that also into WH40k and FRP is a thing from the past that is now getting a huge kickstart. :-D

My Power Animal is a Bear. Courageous leader and sometimes to stupid to see i am walking into a trap ;-)

#6 Monday, 6th October 2014 12:43

Rafen

Sex: When I've been good

Likes: F1, Warhammer fantasy and 40K, fantasy and sci fi entertainment in general

Dislikes: The fact that the ios7 update appears to have balls'd up my phone.

Power animal: Hawk because I can fly away from things that bother me and would have much better eyesight than I currently do

#7 Monday, 6th October 2014 12:44

Grognard
Spergelord

A Spastic Hawk? I have the t-shirt. For realz!

Fly away spastic hawk.
Fly away spastic haawwwwwwwwk ...
Fly away spastic hawkkk ...

Fly away, fly awaaaaaay, fly away spastic hawk..
Fly away spastic hawwwwwwk ...

PS: Welcome all you fine middle aged gentleman. Its so refreshing that I attracted a bunch of middle ages guys just like me to this niche website doing things we don't want anyone we've ever met knowing we do. Its ok though. What happens on Grognard: stays on Grognard.

#8 Monday, 6th October 2014 12:45

Tsamados

Sex: Male (pretty sure about that)
Job: Transmission Controller (Made to watch the SciFi channel all day)
Interests: Watching films, playing bass guitar and going out, but less of the latter now with the arrival of a baby daughter. Also a big Android fan boy, so I'm normally tinkering about on my phone or tablet.

My Power Animal is a Jack Russell, little buggers can be quite vicious when rialled!

#9 Monday, 6th October 2014 12:45

Tomb-2001

Sex: Mostly Male

Job: Landscape Architect (We don't do gardens!)

Interests: The photography of Alexander Rodchenko, the stories of HP Lovecraft, the music of Steven Patrick Morrissey and the films of Doug McClure. Oh and of course - family, sausages and pale ale (but not always in that order).

I played AD&D, Car Wars, Recon, Warhammer etc in my youth and bought WFRP 1E when if first came out and was instantly hooked but foolishly put it all away when life started to get complicated - So I am thrilled to be dusting of my metaphoric dice once again - Hurrrrrahhh!!!

Power Animal: Badger (=Stubborn Resilience) - Despite several attempted culls I remain - TB.

#10 Monday, 6th October 2014 12:47

Kaine

Hi all!

Sex: Male

Always loved Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and most other Games Workshop stuff - Blood Bowl, Talisman, etc. but not had much chance for about 20 years. Into most fantasy based stuff in general really such as Eldar Scrolls, Game of Thrones and similar.

Power Animal - A cat as I'm too lazy to do anything unless it benefits me in some way

Grognard said he would try and write me in soonish, so lets just hope I haven't already been beheaded with a shovel...

#11 Monday, 6th October 2014 12:49

Tomb-2001

Welcome Kaine - looking forward to you joining us - given our current situation sooner rather than later I hope!

#12 Wednesday, 22nd October 2014 14:01

Eggburger

Hello there.

Sex: Male
Fate Points: 0

When my kids started to reach the age at which I had first been exposed to roleplaying, it made me return to browsing through Warhammer subreddits and downloading Car Wars pdfs and suchlike. Rampant nostalgia in other words. I recently played my first Warhammer Fantasy Battle game in 25 years (Skaven vs. Undead) against my 9-year-old. Totally buried him. It took like 6 days, though. How did we ever have time for this kind of thing?

I played WFRP 1e when it came out (along with D&D red box, AD&D, Judge Dredd, Paranoia, CoC, and a bunch of others) but had bailed out of RPGs by the time 2e came along and until recently (when I tried Dungeon World with my wife and kids) I hadn't played anything since maybe 1990.

I'm playing Katalin the Dwarven Shieldbreaker.

Power Animal: Ass

#13 Wednesday, 22nd October 2014 20:25

Tomb-2001

Excellent news - loving the Car Wars reference Uncle Albert would be proud of you - Viva Sunday Drivers!

Board footer