Spergelord

The Oldenhaller Contract (3)

Waldermar (38) + 3 = 41
Franz (34) + 7 = 41
Siegfried (31) + 6 = 37
Dieter (29) + 6 = 35
Katalin (26) + 3 = 29
Betta (24) + 5 = 29

Betta (charm) (Gustav Bohm, Tavern Keeper, Kaisersnitzel) Betta's FEL = (36). 2d10+1% (1 schilling = 1%. Gustav likes money) = (17) Result: 2 degrees of success.

Note: Rafen I changed the rules on you re: posting time, so I do apologize. I just wanted to try and get us on to a 48hr max cycle. Totally not hatin' on you friend. :-)

I am to nerds what nerds are to normal people.

#2 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:01

Rafen

Re: The Oldenhaller Contract (3)

It's my own fault I've been on the site as a guest quite a bit umming and aging about what to do. I saw your not and thought right on lunch I must do something but was too late. Katalin has got lost in his glaring lol

#3 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:02

Grognard
Spergelord

rafen wrote:

It's my own fault I've been on the site as a guest quite a bit umming and aging about what to do. I saw your not and thought right on lunch I must do something but was too late. Katalin has got lost in his glaring lol

No worries at all. You didn't do anything wrong. I just changed the rules on you. :-)
I think its worked out quite good anyway, Katalin is new to humans generally and he's proper weirded Grolsch out lol.

I've updated (and will continue to update) the Dramatis Personae thread with NPC's as we go. :-)

PS: Sorry about the huge posts. Its just to get things going. :-P

#4 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:03

Rafen

<Katalin>

"Seeing as we don't have many options maybe I can "negotiate" this Grolsch's price down a bit."

Katalin shoulders his way to the bar to ask the barkeep what all the fuss about this bauble is

#5 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:03

Tsamados

<Waldermar>

Waldemar replies to the barman a little down heartened "Thank you for the information Gustav".

After the scuffle Waldermar turns to face Betta. "It would seem like we're both in the same situation, maybe it's worth heading out together to locate a place to stay, Nuln can be pretty rough at night!" He says motioning to the area the fight nearly broke out.

"By the I'm Waldermar Rommel" offering his hand to shake.

OOC. My character doesn't seem to have any basic equipment such as sling bag, cutlery, blankets is that correct?

#6 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:04

Otvem
Majoor Majoor

ooc: This Dietz fellow sounds interesting. Probably worth investigating tommorrow. Baubl sounds nice to :-D

#7 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:05

Otvem
Majoor Majoor

<Siegfried>

Siegfried with a disgusted look says to Franz and Dieter : "This Diedz fellow sounds like one of your typical despicable nobles All high and mighty and others get to run their errands yuk! But This talk of a baubl sounds like something that may lead to a quest of some sort" Siegfried proposes to find out more about this Dietz fellow from the barkeep. He gets up heads over to the bar for a refill and a casual talk with the barkeep.

#8 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:05

Snotling
Save the Snotlings!
Website

Agree about Diedz. Though this Betta is a bit, off. Might be interesting to see what happens with her.

#9 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:06

Thorgal
Murder Hobo

<Franz>

Thinks he feels tired from all the traveling and wants a warm and dry bed. Or just dry, or just warm. But a combination of warm and dry is much more appreciated.
He looks around the room once more and at Grolsch in particular.

If nothing happens he'll just wait for things to come next.

#10 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:07

Grognard
Spergelord

Ok sorry about this being a little retroactive - was planning to do this last night but work and circumstances etc. Boo hoo.

<Waldermar>
OOC. My character doesn't seem to have any basic equipment such as sling bag, cutlery, blankets is that correct?

Yeah I am not entirely convinced they didn't derp a bit when they did the 2e rules. It makes little sense that you'd have 10 yards of rope and a horse but no knife and fork or backpack etc.

Nuln is a big city so you can always go shopping (at some point) or find other fun ways to secure the things you want. :-P

I'm working on a map!

<Franz>
He looks around the room once more and at Grolsch in particular.

Franz (perception) (Kaisersnitzel) Grolsch has seated himself on the bar where the drunk Harry had been previously. Gustav serves him a drink and he's stuffing his pipe again. He notices you looking and nods at you.

The fat man with the injured hand who was drinking alone has now been joined by a blonde haired youth dressed in servant garb. He must be the fat man's valet or assistant of some sort. He nurses his ale gingerly as if its not something he'd normally drink. The two aren't exactly deep in conversation either. The younger man seems concerned and a little uncomfortable with the surroundings.

The blonde woman in the shawl offers the rough looking man she is seated opposite a pouch of what can only be coin. He quickly shoves her hand back and they stand and head for the exit (which is about 6ft from your table, being the last booth on the left of the tavern) with the big man's face now visible for the first time. He's around thirty with dirty ginger stubble, small round blue eyes and a grim world-weary face that reminds you of Siegfried's. He has her elbow clamped in his left hand and she looks a little worried. If anyone else notices the exchange, they don't seem too interested.

The two men Siegfried pointed out must have left during the ruckus as you can't see them anywhere now.

If anyone wants to revise their IC posts that's chill. If not Siegfried and Katalin will pass the man/woman heading for the exit in the crowd on their way to the bar. Siegfried will get the impression the man is a sell sword and not an amateur by any means. The woman looks like she's out of her depth dealing with him. Up close you can also tell that she's no maid. Just well preserved.

If nothing else, I'll wait for Betta to post before updating tomorrow sometime? Bit early but if we're all done why not. :-)

Also feel free to post actions matter of fact like Siegfried: he's heading to the bar for a chat, so I will be able to assume he does all the stuff you'd expect such as walking over, greeting, drinking his drink etc. If he's interrupted along the way, struck by lightening the moment he stands up, is stabbed in the back or w/e that's fine, he hasn't wasted any time. :-)

#11 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:08

Tomb-2001

<Betta>

Betta returns Waldermar’s hand shake, “Err – Th-Th-Thank you, Elizabetta, Betta - yes, yes please let us search together, search together, yes I would like that. Granny always says - said-said-said! In a place like this you should find and stand behind the biggest man with a sword – and you are um-um big, have a sword and are err-a man”. Betta smiles awkwardly at Waldermar before gathering up the spilt coins at her feet and turns back to Gustav with the coins in her outstretched hand still smiling but with her eyes a now little more fixed and intent, “Err – yours I think – You were saying? About where to find that room?”

#12 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:08

Grognard
Spergelord

Another awesome post. :-)

I'm going to do the majority of XP based on this stuff with about 30% reserved for objective's met. All a bit Skyrim lol but hey it works.

Was thinking about Fate Points the other day and kinda regret even having them. Would prefer to have none at all! Proper bare backin' it yo! Too late now but maybe in the future. :-)

Also don't be afraid collectively or individually to just get stuck in to stuff. If people get fed up of a particular scene (which I will try to prevent) we can just agree in ooc what happens and move things along. Just let me know. I totally dig that its a really fine line between 'detailed' and 'seriously boring', especially when its this slow.

#13 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:09

Snotling
Save the Snotlings!
Website

If nothing else goes on, I suggest we retire.. Long day/night and some sleep should get us back to normal.

#14 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:09

Grognard
Spergelord

So not interested in the blonde, the fat man or the drunk? lol
Even Cmdr Data got the hang of the holo deck eventually! :-P

#15 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:10

Otvem
Majoor Majoor

Ooc: still interested in exactly those things.

#16 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:10

Grognard
Spergelord

Haha I do apologize, I was just being bitchy because last night someone threw up on my shoes. I only have one pair of shoes lol.

#17 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:11

Grognard
Spergelord

Ok I am awake. Wooo. Sorta. 4 hrs sleep again. Sheesh.

I'm going to mainline some coffee. When I come back I'll lock the thread.

#18 Monday, 6th October 2014 13:11

Grognard
Spergelord

Locked for update.

Board footer