Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Play by Post Games

Interactive fiction in the Old World

You are not logged in.

#1 Monday, 6th October 2014 17:03

Grognard
Spergelord

WFRP: Recruitment

Status currently: OPEN.

If you'd like to get involved have a read of the story so far here and the current deliberation thread here.

At this point in the game it would be a case of taking over an existing character rather than creating a new one.

The list of characters available for adoption can be found here.

Game turns can take anything from 2-320 days.

Please register and state your interest in this thread. ;)

I am to nerds what nerds are to normal people.

#2 Tuesday, 14th October 2014 01:10

noely
Probey

Re: WFRP: Recruitment

Please count me in. Bounty Hunter please. Tho I must say I'm hoping that each round is closer to the 2 day limit than the 320 day turnaround ;)

Last edited by noely (Tuesday, 14th October 2014 01:10)

#3 Tuesday, 14th October 2014 15:28

Grognard
Spergelord

Willkommen. Siegfried is kind of a loaner, since Otvem might decide he does in fact love us and have a change of heart once the War on Freedom is finally won ..

If you can live with the possibility of a war-weary soldier coming home to find you in his bed, with his Bounty Hunter literally all over your mickey, and potentially killing you both in a pique of rage, I'd say we're good to go..

There's always the Dwarf. ;)

Oh, yeah, you'd also need to get used to my horrendous compound sentences and relentless abuse of the comma.

#4 Wednesday, 22nd October 2014 09:04

Eggburger

Hi,

I'm in. Katalin looks great, so I'd like him. I was even more interested when I thought the name Katalin indicated that he was a she. :-)

I played 1e back in the day (late 80s), but I've read a bit of the 2e book and like the look of it.

I've not done pbp before, but from a look around your site, it looks great.

Cheers,
E.

#5 Wednesday, 22nd October 2014 13:07

Grognard
Spergelord

Welcome Mr. Burger! I have literally just eaten an egg burger. This surely is a sign!
Honest to goodness never even crossed my mind that Katalin might be a female name .. but now you mention it. Clearly all the hardest psycho stunties are named after their mothers. *shrug

Totally cool not having pbp experience, in fact its a plus, because the usual pbp m.o. is lots of guys posting internal monologues at each other and nothing much really happening in terms of plot, character and dialog. It does work great when you get guys working closely together and paying attention to and directly responding to each other's posts, but that rarely happens when there's such a long lead time on everything in my experience.

I hatched the idea that we could do it a little differently here after seeing a blog based game that used an alternative approach where the players were using the blog comments section to post their input then the blog owner/gm was making new turns as fresh blog entries.

So I thought - hey that would maybe work on a forum format too. Pros were that it is a bit more congruent with the typical face to face tabletop style of play where each turn is preceded by banter in and out of character. Also that in theory it requires little input from the players compared to the trad format and that the narrative would read back like a sort of interactive novel. The cons (as noted so far here) are that you can still get a disconnect between the players due to the slowness of it all (especially when the GM just bogs off for 8 months) and the 'novel like' format of the Journal can represent an impenetrable level of accumulated detail to the players, especially if/when they don't have much time. :(

Anyway the idea is that for every Journal there's a corresponding Deliberation thread. You can post anything you like IC or OOC there. Usually, there's some discussion about how to proceed, followed by everyone making their IC post. IC posts are all third person, so literally only what your character does and says. That then gets woven together in to a narrative and posted up as the next turn's Journal entry. Then we open a new Deliberation thread and do it all again ..

If you post up an intro in the thread up top I'll upgrade you to full member etc and we'll get you going in the next turn. You found Katalin's character sheet etc? Any questions? (lol).

Board footer