Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Play by Post Games

Interactive fiction in the Old World

You are not logged in.

#1 Friday, 31st October 2014 02:33

Grognard
Spergelord

The Oldenhaller Contract (11)

Ok, Egg's stuff with Katalin gathering information will be posted here IC tomorrow when I get back. I have run out of time tonight - still got a wicked headache. :(

Anything else from 10 Delib I haven't addressed will be too!

Oh and naturally, obviously, Magnus's character sheet will be done tomorrow too.

I am to nerds what nerds are to normal people.

#2 Friday, 31st October 2014 02:51

Snotling
Save the Snotlings!
Website

Re: The Oldenhaller Contract (11)

Sorry - Falling behind on things.  Not much time to get on.  I should be able to catch up in the next day or so. :-(

#3 Friday, 31st October 2014 02:55

Grognard
Spergelord

Snotling wrote:

Sorry - Falling behind on things.  Not much time to get on.  I should be able to catch up in the next day or so. :-(

No problem at all mate. :) We took care of you - you're currently tending to Waldermar as you specified. All is well. Hehe.

#4 Friday, 31st October 2014 13:49

Grognard
Spergelord

(i) Regarding Gossip. I don't think Katalin's disposed to throwing coin around. First, it's not all his. Second, he's tight with money. Third, he suspects he'd probably muff up the interaction, being clumsy with words in those type of situations. He figures if the men have something to say then they will say it and if not that is well and good - they'll have their reasons.
IC: "So which of you nailed that thug with the bolt, earlier? I'd like to shake him by the hand. A good shot in the dark, that was, and I should know I can see better than most. Reminded me of a shot I made on the slopes of the Grey Mountains as a youngster.  Although I wasn't shooting at a mutant, more a cultist, and he was up a tree rather than down an alley, but it was a great shot. Any of you ever seen the trees on the Mountains? Huge things they can be. How did you end up here, anyway? Followed your boss here, mebbe? If he is your boss? Who's in charge would you say? Do you often get folk like us run from the Kaiserschnitzel into a backstreet ambush outside your front door? That needs sorting out, I'd say. At both ends. Barman and Hag. What do you say?"

(ii) Regarding Betta and Ingrid: After a nod from Betta, Katalin's prepared to "stand guard" outside the room. "I'll be right here missy, you go ahead." Listening. Anticipating danger. Preparing for the worst.

I'm thinking the best way to handle this would be to retcon it in to turn 9? You pointed out it wouldn't take 30 mins and I agree, I should have done it then grr. I'll write it up today and insert it later tonight cc'ing any pertinent details here in summary. FWIW there isn't likely to be any additional info forthcoming (unless the dice love you!), but this dialog is too good to waste! :))

#5 Friday, 31st October 2014 14:46

Eggburger

Grognard wrote:

(unless the dice love you!)

So you're telling me there's a chance??

#6 Friday, 31st October 2014 14:52

Grognard
Spergelord

Eggburger wrote:
Grognard wrote:

(unless the dice love you!)

So you're telling me there's a chance??

LOL. I kinda phrased that wrong.

#7 Friday, 31st October 2014 15:04

Grognard
Spergelord

Mmmmmmulti-post!

Erm, I broke it there so you can decide if there's anything extra you want to do (like Katalin killing everyone and torching the place whilst whistling cheerfully) before Betta heads upstairs for a nosey around and some clean underwear.

Shall we aim for tomorrow? I'll ret-con in the stuff with Katalin in a bit. I'm kinda conscious that although this is kinda meaty and what not, the others are literally twiddling their thumbs ..

1 MAX 2 more turns, hopefully all in the next 3-5 days?

PS: Does everyone trust rat boy implicitly yet btw? Hahaha.

#8 Friday, 31st October 2014 15:29

Eggburger

IC: Katalin is happy to keep his powder dry, get back to the others and get some sleep/keep watch. Mull over what he has seen/heard.

OOC: Rats are never a good sign. :-\

#9 Friday, 31st October 2014 15:42

Kaine

Eggburger wrote:

IC: Katalin is happy to keep his powder dry, get back to the others and get some sleep/keep watch. Mull over what he has seen/heard.

OOC - It's the warp fire cannon and rat ogres that I'm worried about...
Oh and I've already PM'd my actions so still contributing in case you were wondering.

#10 Friday, 31st October 2014 15:49

Grognard
Spergelord

Kaine wrote:
Eggburger wrote:

OOC - It's the warp fire cannon and rat ogres that I'm worried about...
Oh and I've already PM'd my actions so still contributing in case you were wondering.

Hehe I'm just kidding, they were actually supposed to be mink. Like this.

I might have to edit that. *roll

I figure rats are a bit more creepy given the context as you suggest.

#11 Saturday, 1st November 2014 01:33

Grognard
Spergelord

"So which of you nailed that thug with the bolt, earlier? I'd like to shake him by the hand."  Katalin sidles up to two guards by the door, backs turned, warming their hands on the fire.  "Piss off stunty!" the nearest one grunts. The other doesn't even turn to see what all the fuss is about.

A child, around six with an ugly brown growth in her neck creeps up behind the dwarf and stands, hand on mouth, staring intently at him. "You're small," it says disinterestedly. Katalin glares. Quite undaunted she sucks her thumb enthusiastically and stares back.

"Posner. The Butcher they call him. That fucker with all the lumps in his face?" A thin reedy voice interrupts. A tall emaciated man in his mid twenties looms over Katalin. His sallow yellowing skin and the dark circles under his eyes suggest some kind of disease.

Katalin looks at him before continuing enthusiastically, "A good shot in the dark, that was, and I should know I can see better than most. Reminded me of a shot I made on the slopes of the Grey Mountains as a youngster." The man stares at Katalin vacantly.

"Although I wasn't shooting at a mutant, more a cultist, and he was up a tree rather than down an alley, but it was a great shot. Any of you ever seen the trees on the Mountains? Huge things they can be. How did you end up here, anyway?"

"Wife got sick, said it was the flux from the river water," he mutters. "Wasn't though. Ran through her quick. Shriveled away to nothing. Now it seems I got the same," he wheezes and raises a spindly arm. Something uncoils itself and clearly moves around under the flaccid skin of his forearm.

"Won't be long for me but Mol 'ere has a chance, in the Princes." The child hasn't moved and stares at Katalin, brow furrowed, lost in concentration. 

The man goes on to describe in a monotonous drawl the chain of misfortune that saw him sell the few items of value he had and finally brought him here with his daughter. It's a short and depressing anecdote.

"Who's in charge would you say?" Katalin interjects. Causing a moment of confused head scratching. After what seems like an age the man shrugs labouriously, as if it is a terrible physical effort.

Undeterred Katalin presses on optimistically, "Do you often get folk like us run from the Kaiserschnitzel into a backstreet ambush outside your front door? That needs sorting out, I'd say. At both ends. Barman and Hag. What do you say?"

At this one of the men by the fire turns to look at his companion before both stride over. The sallow man quickly scoops his daughter up and pulls her away. The bigger of the two rounds on Katalin, "I told you to piss off," he growls, foetid breath making the dwarf wince. "What you angling for? If Magnus had his head on straight you'd be occupyin' four feet of soil out the back with the rest of em."

His friend finds this hysterical, "He's short even for a midge - more like three!"

Nervous glances are cast toward the trio. Katalin grins and points at the joker, "Yeah, good one!" he says, slipping away, the smile falling from his face the moment his back is turned.

They're still laughing as he pushes his way back toward the main hall.

#12 Saturday, 1st November 2014 10:53

Eggburger

#13 Saturday, 1st November 2014 12:25

Grognard
Spergelord

The dice were indeed unduly pitiless.

#14 Sunday, 2nd November 2014 15:16

Grognard
Spergelord

I'm having an action packed weekend. Will post Monday.
I would apologize, but I've been told to stop doing that. Hehe.

#15 Tuesday, 4th November 2014 00:28

Grognard
Spergelord

Grr its been a very long day in Grognardia.
Two job interviews and a total of 6 hrs driving back and forth.. I'm beat. Going to bed.
I don't like posting up streams of excuses but I feel I should at least post something. ;)

Update is done, but I want to proof read on a not-exhausted brain cell tomorrow.

Titter ye not.

#16 Tuesday, 4th November 2014 08:20

Eggburger

Grognard wrote:

Grr its been a very long day in Grognardia.
Two job interviews and a total of 6 hrs driving back and forth.. I'm beat. Going to bed.

Two interviews? Sounds rough. Good luck with that. For the sake of the campaign (yes I'm going to call it a campaign!) let's hope you don't get both of them.

E.

#17 Tuesday, 4th November 2014 20:31

Grognard
Spergelord

Egh. Tell me about it. I'll settle for a fifty percent success rate though!

#18 Tuesday, 4th November 2014 22:21

Grognard
Spergelord

Locked for update.

Board footer