Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Play by Post Games

Interactive fiction in the Old World

You are not logged in.

#1 Friday, 14th November 2014 23:17

Grognard
Spergelord

The Oldenhaller Contract (14)

Betta Heal (Advanced): INT 32

Siegfried 1d100=5 (6 degrees of success)
Siegfried regains 1d10 wounds from Heal: 1d10=2
Siegfried regains 1d3 wounds from a partial rest (due to getting wasted): 1d3=1
Siegfried is now classed as Lightly Wounded.

Dieter 1d100=39 (Narrow fail)
Dieter regains 1d3 wounds from a partial rest: 1d3=1
Dieter is now classed as Lightly Wounded.

Waldermar 1d100=10 (3 degrees of success)
Waldermar regains 1 wound from Heal (due to being seriously injured).
Waldermar also regains 1d6 wounds from the night's uninterrupted rest: 1d6=4
Waldermar is now classed as Lightly Wounded.

Character sheets updated including inventory changes:

Waldermar loses saddle and harness and his hat.
Siegfried's crossbow is scratched and notched (reduces value by 50%).
Magnus gains a leather jerkin and a hooded cloak.
Betta gains the Dürer manuscript from the vanity case as well as a hat pin, a silver plated letter opener and a 17" wooden dildo to replace her club.
Katalin gains a poor quality carving knife and a child's wooden toy (icon of Shallya).

Hidden text

Not very subtle lol. Apologies. I had originally planned to have the implied Ingrid/Betta/Mattias tug of war go on for a few more turns, culminating in her 'sudden death'. But, honestly, its been going on months now and I think we just need to get the ball rolling.

Better management of the arrival in Nuln and the fight outside Gropecunt and the next 2 turns would have allowed that to be fit in, but I dun stretched it out too much tbh. Its all a learning experience .. most especially learning what will and won't fit in 3 turns allowing for what you do to divert/deflect etc.

I am obviously really a bit annoyed at myself for compressing it so much - it feels shitty to make you invest in something IC then just have it handwaved along as if its not important. I need to be way better at choosing what to ask you to invest in and deciding if its absolutely necessary to the plot etc. In short: please don't stop caring. Mmkay?

I'm hoping to transition in to a less verbose style and one more focused on what you do and reacting to that than one of scene setting and exposition. ;)

I am to nerds what nerds are to normal people.

#2 Saturday, 15th November 2014 10:48

Eggburger

Re: The Oldenhaller Contract (14)

OOC I'm enjoying being a character in a novel. :-) From over here It does look hard work for you, though.

IC Katalin glances at Mol. "What happens to these poor folk if we just walk away, Monk?"

#3 Saturday, 15th November 2014 11:14

Eggburger

Hey Everyone: so far (at least since I joined in) we've not really had any chance for real "deliberation"...

So: what are you all thinking OOC?

How does everything fit together? O? D? Schatzheimers? Is Mattias' note about the same "package"
as was being discussed back at the tavern?

Also, and less relevant to our immediate concerns: what really lies in store for the people being trafficked to the Border Princes? Freedom or slavery? If Ingrid was a monster, surely the latter is more likely? At first I kind of assumed that the armed men with Magnus were just drawn from amongst the more able-bodied people under Ingrid's care. But they are people smugglers? Organised criminals? Working under some as yet unknown baddie? How does our gang finding this valuable lost thing for Mattias help him deal with the traffickers - might they not just take it from him? Or am I misinterpreting. Maybe Infrid started out as a kind of Schindler but was corrupted somehow? Anyway, the overall situation is complicated: what's an idealistic young Dwarf to think? Who's side are we on?

#4 Saturday, 15th November 2014 14:39

Grognard
Spergelord

Hidden text
Eggburger wrote:

OOC I'm enjoying being a character in a novel. :-) From over here It does look hard work for you, though.

Hehe I gotta re-iterate it's a novel (well ok more like a police accident report where everyone is slightly drunk/autistic) that you write. There is a (paper thin) plot and there are things that 'will happen' such as encountering certain npc's. But the way it ends, who lives and dies, whether something happens or doesn't - or happens entirely differently - is all down to you guys. A big part of the fun for me is writing up what you do. Way more than just slavishly making everything fit in whatever plot ark I originally had in mind. ;)

The biggest challenge right now is figuring out what works and how it fits together in to something fun. Obviously you move between 'episodes' and depending on what you do in each the outcome is determined at the end. But doing that in a way that isn't boring, too passive, too contrived or too much of just one kind of interaction (reacting to stuff all the time instead of proactively doing stuff) is hard to manage. As I said I tore up a bunch of 'plot' regarding Ingrid because it would have taken months (!) where when I stuffed it in to flesh out the original linear dungeon crawl nature of the OHC, I figured it would be weeks. Derp. The OHC is obviously a terrible (light hearted, not very serious, lending-itself-well-to-ironic-humour) first adventure and translates really poorly in to pseud walls of text.

It takes me about 3 hrs to write up each update but I am usually slowed down by being tired/not in the mood/forced to constantly abandon naive assumptions regarding my own free time etc. I also spend another hour or so bleary eyed trying to edit the worst typos/raging inconsistencies. Its not pain though, people who say writing anything is pain are doing it wrong. The time flies.

Also you can really tell I've never GM'd a game before or even played through a game before. I tried the face to face/real time thing last year and it just wasn't something I enjoyed or was any good at. I think it's for extroverts rather than introverts. I spent the entire time cringing and wishing I'd stayed home. Entirely different in this medium imho (!).

#5 Saturday, 15th November 2014 16:47

Eggburger

Hidden text

Yeah. I didn't mean I felt trapped in your novel. Rather that you were doing all the hard work of writing a novel around our characters' decisions/dialogue. Which is amazing.

There's already been more IC dialogue than in most face-to-face games that I've ever been involved in.

And, no, I wouldn't have guessed that you hadn't GMed before.

This format really seems to encourage your rich descriptions, details, etc. Which I'm really impressed by. But I think you should feel fine about cutting that back whenever you feel like - 3hrs is a lot of time to find and this has to be sustainable for you. We can cope with sparse every now and again.

Last edited by Eggburger (Saturday, 15th November 2014 18:23)

#6 Saturday, 15th November 2014 20:22

Grognard
Spergelord

Hidden text

Yeah. I didn't mean I felt trapped in your novel. Rather that you were doing all the hard work of writing a novel around our characters' decisions/dialogue. Which is amazing.
There's already been more IC dialogue than in most face-to-face games that I've ever been involved in.
And, no, I wouldn't have guessed that you hadn't GMed before.
This format really seems to encourage your rich descriptions, details, etc. Which I'm really impressed by. But I think you should feel fine about cutting that back whenever you feel like - 3hrs is a lot of time to find and this has to be sustainable for you. We can cope with sparse every now and again.

That's what I meant to say - trapped in my novel. That would be about as fun as the Strictly Results Show sober. Ugh.
Definitely more conscious of saving the sperge for the big ocassions now too. ;)

#7 Sunday, 16th November 2014 23:46

Tsamados

"Mattias I'm willing to help you if you help us in return. For starters I want to know what's happened to my possesions, I had a saddle and harness in the alley now it's gone. Did any of your men perchance pick it up? Also the letter you speak of, what is the package and who are the people it speaks of: the Schatzheimers, H and D? We can't just go blindly into this give us some answers!"

Waldermar is quite keen to try and locate his things and will check the alley out and also have a scout about the building. Ordinarily he wouldn't have gone out of his way to help the afflicted but he does now owe them a debt (though he's pretty annoyed that someone has pilfered his gear) and he has been moved at the level of suffering he's witnessed them endure.

Last edited by Tsamados (Sunday, 16th November 2014 23:54)

#8 Monday, 17th November 2014 00:34

Grognard
Spergelord

Eggburger wrote:

IC Katalin glances at Mol. "What happens to these poor folk if we just walk away, Monk?"

Siegfried scowls, his bloodshot eyes suddenly full of fire. "Same thing that happens whatever this fool says!" he barks at Katalin. "Cept worse for the pretty ones - those suffer before they burn em'." He points at Mattias accusingly, "He's touched look at him, I wouldn't be surprised if the old whore died an unnatural death neither."

To Waldermar he says spitefully: "You really want to go with some stupid fuck who'll get us all killed? Its not a different game because he's wearing a monk's habit. You fuck off the wrong people, we're all fucked!"

Golden light from the window catches Mattias' face as he turns to address the bounty hunter. "The burghers and nobles of this city spend half their time at war among themselves. One side gains the upper hand, then the other. At the end of each battle they all sit down and exchange pleasantries over wine and quail! Only the little people do the bleeding, the suffering .. "

Mattias' fingers knott in to the filthy fabric of his habit, "Whatever this package is, it has immense value. And yet, ask yourself Stirlander - why do they not just have the black shirts go door to door until they find it? I don't know what it means, but I am trying to be pragmatic. If we had it, there is a chance of brokering a deal. If it lasts even a short while, many innocent lives will be saved from the Sigmarite pyres!"

To Waldermar he continues furtively, "The Schatzheimers are one of the more notorious street gangs operating over the river. I've heard they control the mason's union. I'm sure smuggling is one of their many sidelines." His fingers relax and he brings his hands together, folding the palm of each in to the sleeves of his robe. "That is all I can tell you.."

On the matter of Waldermar's missing possessions he promises to investigate but, apologetically, makes it clear that they are likely long gone.

#9 Monday, 17th November 2014 16:46

Eggburger

IC So, let's get this straight, Mattias: you expect us to trot over to the other side of the city and take on an entire Nulner street gang for you? Make sense man!

[Pausing to look around somewhat dubiously at Betta, Waldermar et al.] Am I missing something here? Even if I was inclined to help your people, which [fixing an narrow eye on Siegfried] I might just be, how are you imagining this plays out? My guess is that if or when we find the gentlemen in question, they won't just hand over whatever it is we are after when we ask nicely...

And frankly, even in some world where we deliver this object of great value into your hands, I don't see you bargaining Ingrid's masters 'round. They will come here. They will take it away from you. They will kill you. They will kill Mol. They will kill us. Or have I grabbed the wrong end of the poker somehow? You tell me.

#10 Monday, 17th November 2014 17:57

Grognard
Spergelord

Hidden text

Another good innovation from Egg there. If it makes it quicker/easier for you guys to post without all the formatting/punctuation, go for it. I can just add that in later.

BTW I've a feeling this would go a lot quicker and smoother if someone points out the obvious candidates for O and D. ;)

#11 Monday, 17th November 2014 18:38

Eggburger

The relevant bios:

Diedtz
A man mentioned by the barfly Harry as looking for a 'bauble' which he claims is his property and who, according to Gustav Böhm, is tenured at the University of Nuln in some capacity but has wide ranging interests. Apparently employs three notoriously vicious Dwarf henchmen. Böhm also said that Diedtz 'dresses em funny'.

Hallur (sic) aka Oldenhaller
Nulner old money. Very numerous family with extensive interests in the city banking and mercantile trades. They have an entire block named after them in the Aldig, where most of the clan resides. The current head of the family is Herr Albrecht Oldenhaller who sits on the city's ruling Mercantile Council. Apparently one of them has recently lost a gemstone of great personal value and is very keen to be re-united with it. cf: Diedtz.

#12 Monday, 17th November 2014 23:56

Tomb-2001

Assuming a general discussion develops;

Betta IC:

(Siegfried): " 'Yes Boss!' Hah, If anyone should be taking the lead around here it should be you! By the looks of it you've had plenty of experience of this sought of thing! If its a conscience your looking for there is a room full of trinkets upstairs that Ingrid won't be needing anymore - with Mattias' permission why don't you go up there any buy yourself one!"

(Mattias): "What happens to these people after they leave here, where do they go? What do you mean by others having profited from this enterprise? Who are they? Do you have any suspicions about who O is? What about D & H?"

(Magnus) "You and your men seem to know your way around these parts? What do you know about The Schatzheimers?"

(Katlin): Aren't er-your er-kind familiar with stonework do you think you could find someone - er-similar to er-you to talk to about the mason's union perhaps they might know more about these Schatzheimers? Sorry I haven't met many er-dwarfs before.

(All): "This all started at the Kaiserschnitzel, perhaps we should head back there and see what Herr Böhm has got to say for himself about last nights events and the contents of this letter? He seemed happy to talk freely last night and I am sure we would all like to have a word with him!"

Last edited by Tomb-2001 (Tuesday, 18th November 2014 00:00)

#13 Tuesday, 18th November 2014 00:27

Grognard
Spergelord

(Mattias): "What happens to these people after they leave here, where do they go? What do you mean by others having profited from this enterprise? Who are they?"

Magnus may be able to answer this one. ^

Hidden text

(All): "This all started at the Kaiserschnitzel, perhaps we should head back there and see what Herr Böhm has got to say for himself about last nights events and the contents of this letter? He seemed happy to talk freely last night and I am sure we would all like to have a word with him!"

You could and Harry is one of the leads but he's more Diedtz orientated if you recall. Someone should connect O. to Oldenhaller IC, because Magnus (and Mattias) know about him too.

Also a friendly reminder that (intentionally or not) Info bombing NPC's will result in penalties. :P The intention behind delib threads is to deliberate before posting IC, to try to co-ordinate efforts. ;)

Please try to focus your questions or at least try not to ask so many concurrent questions each of a similar nature. Remember you're in a room with other people and the general way it goes irl is someone asks something and someone else either expands on it, interjects or you all generally wait for an answer before asking more questions.

#14 Tuesday, 18th November 2014 00:34

Tomb-2001

Hidden text

Oops noted - it wasn't very subtle was it!

#15 Tuesday, 18th November 2014 00:57

Grognard
Spergelord

Hidden text
Tomb-2001 wrote:

Oops noted - it wasn't very subtle was it!

Bout as subtle as my rebuke heh. Sorry. Long day. :P

#16 Tuesday, 18th November 2014 01:01

Tomb-2001

Hidden text

Me too!

#17 Tuesday, 18th November 2014 10:42

Eggburger

Tomb-2001 wrote:

IC [Katalin putting two-and-two together] The 'schnitzel... aye. Wasn't there was talk of a missing bauble there last night? And a Herr Dietz wanting it back. If this "bauble" and Mattias' "package" are connected, maybe D is Dietz?

Tomb-2001 wrote:

(Katlin): Aren't er-your er-kind familiar with stonework do you think you could find someone - er-similar to er-you to talk to about the mason's union perhaps they might know more about these Schatzheimers? Sorry I haven't met many er-dwarfs before.

IC Betta, I'm no stone-mason - and I'm not even sure if Dwarves are involved in Nulner guilds. But I agree that we might make more progress with the Schatzenheimers if we nose around carefully.

#18 Tuesday, 18th November 2014 12:20

Kaine

OOC - Now that Katalin has mentioned the bauble/package, this is starting to make (some) sense to Magnus, being familiar with the rumours about Hallurs missin bauble. Magnus will agree that D could well mean Diedtz before offering his suggestions for the other letters.

"O is likely to be Oldenhaller, Nulner old money, a large and powerful family. No idea which one as there are hundreds of em, although Albrecht is head of the family and I can't imagine something happening without his say so. Perhaps we could head over to Aldig quarter where most of the clan resides and rattle a few cages?"
"H could well be Dirck Huyderman, he runs the trafficking operation from Shantytown, but the tone of the note 'freak show' makes me uncertain of this from what I've heard of him."

OOC - a few options here for discussion on how to proceed... head to Aldig quarter to visit Oldenhaller clan, Shantytown to check out Huyderman's operation or possibly the university where Diedtz is based. Magnus will vote for the Oldenhaller option due to the mention of reward money. Probably best to get a bit more information first though so Magnus will volunteer himself to ask a few discreet questions (Streetwise), maybe at the Kaiserschnitzel as per Katalin's suggestion, but Magnus would likely know the best places to ask being a dodgy Nulner himself!

"Perhaps you best leave the discreet questioning to me, as your manhunter friend so astutely put it, upset the wrong people and we're all fucked!"

#19 Tuesday, 18th November 2014 19:02

Tomb-2001

OOC: Betta agrees with Magnus' suggestion on the basis we  can follow up other leads afterwards.  She is also keen to keep a low profile around the university area - too many busy bodies that might take an interest in her.

IC: "Magnus makes sense - 'Set a thief to catch a thief' as Granny used to say. Um sorry, no offense ment".

#20 Tuesday, 18th November 2014 21:03

Eggburger

IC Heading back to that flea-pit makes sense to me. The barman there's got a few questions to answer, right enough.

#21 Wednesday, 19th November 2014 18:51

Grognard
Spergelord

IC So, let's get this straight, Mattias: you expect us to trot over to the other side of the city and take on an entire Nulner street gang for you? Make sense man!

No of course not! I'm looking for a solution to a problem, not a war!

[Pausing to look around somewhat dubiously at Betta, Waldermar et al.] Am I missing something here? Even if I was inclined to help your people, which [fixing an narrow eye on Siegfried] I might just be, how are you imagining this plays out? My guess is that if or when we find the gentlemen in question, they won't just hand over whatever it is we are after when we ask nicely...

On the contrary, I am not so naive that I don't appreciate the danger. It is not my intention to withhold the package or provoke violence. I ask only that you investigate discreetly and if possible obtain the package. Once we have it, we can better judge the best course of action.

And frankly, even in some world where we deliver this object of great value into your hands, I don't see you bargaining Ingrid's masters 'round. They will come here. They will take it away from you. They will kill you. They will kill Mol. They will kill us.

Obviously, I do not, can not, condone violence but if men come here seeking to do harm .. they will find it. We are not an army but the Refuge is defensible, as you saw for yourselves last night. Enough of a deterrent to tempt any rational man to bargain first, no?

"O is likely to be Oldenhaller, Nulner old money, a large and powerful family. No idea which one as there are hundreds of em, although Albrecht is head of the family and I can't imagine something happening without his say so. Perhaps we could head over to Aldig quarter where most of the clan resides and rattle a few cages?"
"H could well be Dirck Huyderman, he runs the trafficking operation from Shantytown, but the tone of the note 'freak show' makes me uncertain of this from what I've heard of him."

Oldenhaller! Of course. The Oldenhallers are renowed for always honouring their contracts. The language in the note! It makes sense now. If one of them is pulling the strings here then there is every chance they will deal with me provided they get what they want. Be wary though - the Oldenhallers may be like fleas on a dog, but Albrecht's machinations are legendary. It's commonly assumed he will be Doge if not Count in Nuln some day.

As for Dirck Huyderman - he is a pious man. I have met him. A pragmatist and quite mercenary but not, I think, our villain. I doubt that very much. His own son was afflicted. That is what brought him in to our fold originally. It is Huyderman who provides the afflicted their route out of Nuln. The Huyderman company operate a dozen barges moving hundreds of thousands of tonnes of sand and gravel upriver. I find it hard to believe he could be the H. mentioned here. He had no love for Ingrid.

"Perhaps you best leave the discreet questioning to me, as your manhunter friend so astutely put it, upset the wrong people and we're all fucked!"

Please be circumspect. You do indeed gamble more than just your own lives. Trust Magnus! He understands this city better than anyone else I know.

Hidden text

Ok chaparoos. I'l leave it another day for any additional dialog. You need to decide if you want to assist Mattias and/or accept Magnus in to the group and where you plan to visit first. I'd prefer to keep you all together but if you want to split up I'll need to split the timeline to accomodate that so best you decide who is doing what collectively. I won't (for example) be scaling the challenge to suit split groups. So bear that in mind please! Tsamados: I took your saddle and harness away because it makes no sense for you to lug that around during a city adventure. ;) I'll find a way to give you the chance to recover it if you'll agree not to go gallivanting around outside for the time being?

#22 Wednesday, 19th November 2014 23:06

Kaine

OOC - I vote for accepting Magnus into the group of course!! Helping Mattias could well be aligned with achieving a cash reward as well as a warm glow in helping out the afflicted, both of which are dear to Magnus. I think it best we stick together as the party has already nearly come to a sticky end... safety in numbers!

#23 Thursday, 20th November 2014 00:28

Eggburger

Kaine wrote:

OOC - I vote for accepting Magnus into the group of course!! Helping Mattias could well be aligned with achieving a cash reward as well as a warm glow in helping out the afflicted, both of which are dear to Magnus. I think it best we stick together as the party has already nearly come to a sticky end... safety in numbers!

Agreed. I think we stick together and first return to the Kaiserschnitzel to talk with Harry, the drunk that was shooting his mouth off, and also to pump the barman for into. It's still early so we might be able to sneak in the back or something...

#24 Thursday, 20th November 2014 02:37

Grognard
Spergelord

Oops I forgot Diedtz. Mattias doesn't know who Diedtz is or what his interest could be in the package.

Also, and less relevant to our immediate concerns: what really lies in store for the people being trafficked to the Border Princes? Freedom or slavery? If Ingrid was a monster, surely the latter is more likely? At first I kind of assumed that the armed men with Magnus were just drawn from amongst the more able-bodied people under Ingrid's care. But they are people smugglers? Organised criminals? Working under some as yet unknown baddie? How does our gang finding this valuable lost thing for Mattias help him deal with the traffickers - might they not just take it from him? Or am I misinterpreting. Maybe Infrid started out as a kind of Schindler but was corrupted somehow? Anyway, the overall situation is complicated: what's an idealistic young Dwarf to think? Who's side are we on?

Some good questions here, probably worth mulling. ;)

#25 Thursday, 20th November 2014 17:05

Grognard
Spergelord

Update tomorrow? Seems to be a thing now. Monday and Friday ish.

#26 Friday, 21st November 2014 00:10

Tomb-2001

IC: I'm with Katlin and Magnus and all for heading over to the Kaiserschnitzel to ask a few discrete questions - Waldermar, Dieter, Siegfried will you come with us we could really do with your help?

Last edited by Tomb-2001 (Friday, 21st November 2014 00:49)

#27 Friday, 21st November 2014 04:05

Grognard
Spergelord

Siegfried considers Betta's invitation for a moment before demanding calmly, "Pay me." He moves fast, leaning forward and grabbing Mattias' robe, staring in to his tired reddened eyes, dragging the startled young man toward him forcefully. Mattias looks anxiously at the others before starting to say something, but Siegfried cuts him off, "I'm serious. Fucking pay me."

"I don't .. " Mattias mumbles, eyes wide with alarm, fresh beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

Siegfried grins, dead eyed, and releases him before strolling over to where Ingrid's shrouded corpse lays on the boxes. He contemplates the body for a moment, bathed in glorious early morning winter sunshine, before reaching down and plucking one of the two ceremonial gold coins from her eyes. Raising it to his swollen lips he nibbles cautiously, "Brass." He spits and holds it up for all to see, glinting in the light, before slipping it in to his jerkin, adding with a cynical snort, "Retainer."

Hidden text

I almost wish I was playing a completely independent game as Siegfrendo now. Oh wait .. lol. I for one am greatly looking forward to the 'Stirlander' spin-off graphical novel.

So you're re-going to the Kaisersnitzel first?

Here's a list of all possible relevant locations:

The Kaisersnitzel Tavern (Haunt of Harry and Gustav)
The University (In Search of Colin Renfrew/Diedtz)
The Aldig (The mansion of Albrecht Oldenhaller)
The Shantytown (Offices of Dirck Huyderman of Huyderman Haulage).

Its currently just after 10 in the morning - although I get the impression it's going to be the longest (and on current form, probably the final) day of your lives. :P

I'll dole out some xp in the next delib along with some feedback/suggestions etc.

#28 Friday, 21st November 2014 10:02

Eggburger

OK, so Harry and Gustav at the K'schnitzel will no doubt still be abed at this hour, but we might look into waking them up to have a quick chat. I guess it depends if we want to play things sneaky: skulking around, watching people, etc. Or we want to ruffle some feathers and intimidate some information out of people.

#29 Friday, 21st November 2014 15:03

Tomb-2001

OOC: Good point regarding the time of day - we could easily visit some of the other locations prior to the Kaisersnitzel.

How we go about it?

The Kaisersnitzel and Shantytown we can (after a quick look round to discount any obvious dangers) walk right in and start asking some discrete questions - Magnus should be at home here.

Oldenhaller and Diedtz are a bit more difficult - Sitting at the top of the social pile they are most likely key to the whole affair and we know they both want the 'bauble'. Both hold respectable positions of power so are potentially difficult to get to and very deadly if crossed. It might be worth staking them out for a bit and trying to question a few minions prior to a full on assult! They are unlikely to welcome a bunch of scruffy oiks in through their front door without good reason - maybe we could draw them out with a note offering services for recovery of lost goods (wink-wink)?

#30 Friday, 21st November 2014 18:43

Tsamados

"OK I'm in, but I'm keen to get payment for this: for our services and to replace what was stolen from me. If we need to get close to Diedtz I think the best bet, as mentioned is locate Harry".

#31 Friday, 21st November 2014 19:35

Eggburger

I reckon sneak in through the back of the K'schnitzle. Find Harry. Wake him up. Get him to tell us everything he knows. Then we'll be in a better place to know what to do next.

#32 Friday, 21st November 2014 21:50

Tomb-2001

The back door approach might land us deeper in the mire. Waiting until the place is open and Harry has sunk a few might mean he is more willing to talk.

I agree that trying to pick up some gossip on the main protagonists in advance of any investigation would serve us well.

One thought is that we should advise Mattias to try and keep a lid on Ingrid's demise for the sake of his charges but also it maybe advantageous if we need to imply we are working for her when dealing with others.

Last edited by Tomb-2001 (Friday, 21st November 2014 21:51)

#33 Friday, 21st November 2014 22:00

Eggburger

So until opening time at the K we could stake out some of the other locations...

#34 Friday, 21st November 2014 22:47

Tomb-2001

Yep - how about Shanty town - its our weakest lead and we are good for business hours.

Shanty town is probably a bit less deadly during daylight too.

#35 Saturday, 22nd November 2014 00:06

Eggburger

Fine with me.

#36 Saturday, 22nd November 2014 00:14

Grognard
Spergelord

Hehe ok. I'll do the update tomorrow then.

#37 Saturday, 22nd November 2014 19:23

Grognard
Spergelord

By which I mean Sunday. :P

#38 Sunday, 23rd November 2014 21:15

Grognard
Spergelord

Err Monday.
Damn. Sorry. Apparently I am not allowed to use the computer this weekend.
*mutters

#39 Wednesday, 26th November 2014 02:36

Grognard
Spergelord

Slip slip slipping ..
Sorry again. I'm having a pretty epic last few days. Starting new job and getting used to the new routine (you know, going to bed at night and stuff, plus the near 2hr commute *sigh).
There will be an update this week. Bear with me!

#40 Tuesday, 14th April 2015 21:05

Grognard
Spergelord

I trust everyone is hale and hearty. Once again what's six months and four jobs between friendos? Eh? I now have a lolproper job as a renta-cop.

Hidden text

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x7EqeH2krQs0RqTYb15yIvAqihy7PgMR71BHFQUJhw=w314-h419-no

The good news is this affords me the princely sum of £1300 a month net and I've been able to stop working shit shifts.

I got a new flat sans insect life .. including a genuine Persian Rug. Ho yes.

Hidden text

IMG_20150413_200244153.jpg

And Virgin Internets (L) (for phat) installed as of yesterday.

Are you still keen on a return to the Kaisersnitzel and/or Shantytown? Diedtz isn't inacessible fwiw. He's tenured at the University which is a pretty accessible place during daylight hours.

The possible locations:

The Kaisersnitzel Tavern (Haunt of Harry and Gustav)
The University (In Search of Colin Renfrew/Diedtz)
The Aldig (The mansion of Albrecht Oldenhaller)
The Shantytown (Offices of Dirck Huyderman of Huyderman Haulage).

I don't mind you splitting up but it could get messy as fuck considering how crap I am at all this.

Fair warning! :)

To recap: Ingrid has died 'suddenly' if not unexpectantly. Magnus is something of a loose screw but seems ostensibly at least to be legit. Whatever the fuck legit means in a world of mad bastards and weirdos. He's asked you to investigate the note which suggests that O (who we take to be Oldenhaller) is darn keen to get his hands on something that the Schatzheimer (Gang) have in their posession. To the extent that he is willing to re-negotiate a pre-existing contract. Something Oldenhallers are famed for literally never doing.

D (which we take to be Diedtz) has been 'involving' himself. To what extent and in what fashion we don't know. What we do know is that Diedtz is an academic (ostensibly) tenured at the University who is something of a playa'. And he employs vicious Dwarfs. And dresses em funny. Whatever that means.

The H in the note which Magnus shared with you remains an unknown. Huyderman of Huyderman Haulage seems the obvious candidate  but Magnus shot that one down immediately - Dirck Huyderman's own son was afflicted. He is a pious, if utterly corruptible, man. Who provides an essential (with mega emphasis) service in trafficking the afflicted out of Nuln to Rainbows and Unicorns Land somewhere in the Border Princes(tm).

Magnus is also sorta edgy and clearly hasn't slept. Oh and Ingrid, or Ygritte, Her Of Mysteriousness is dead. Was that a sub plot? I think it was. Was the alchoholic pederastic sorta life of Billy Dürer just a random piece of shit thrown in to add depth (lol) or is he somehow connected to the massive pile of Shallow Grave/Christmas that awaits you at the end of all this?

To cap it off Betta looks pretty fucking swanky, Siegfried is not remotely happy (at all) about any of this altruistic shit and Katalin has pointed out (in actuality) the absurdity of Magnus's/Gropecunts position as things stand.

I'll be at the bar for the next few days if anyone still gives a dog's bollock ...

Edit: Substitute Mattias for Magnus in all of that shit above. FS.

#41 Tuesday, 14th April 2015 23:12

Tomb-2001

Great to have you back & glad that life is on the up - from the flat pic I see you even have a new 'club' like Betta's ;).

I will post IC response soon(ish) - Just home from an unexpected 6hr tour of Britain's B-roads owing to an unfortunate chain of M3/M25 related events :(

PS - Hi to all hope everything is good with you guys.

#42 Tuesday, 14th April 2015 23:35

Grognard
Spergelord

Good to be back! Like for realz. As in back not good.

I have indeed got a gigantic phallic wooden knobler. Ye be warned! Also there's the chaise lounge. And lots of mysterious leather bound books. With names like De Sophisticis Elenchis. Was actually raging that nobody got the reference to Detlef Sierck via Unchanging Lady and that great Olde Schoole Warhammer shitz-novel Drachenfels. Y u so bad???

P much all the rest I plagiarised from stuff (tm).

No need to post IC unless you want to change tack. Just wanted to make sure we're all still keen on Shantytown?

Genuinely sorry to hear of Motorway Madness. That stuff really knackers me. Stir crazy init. Had a mate who was recently stuck on the m6 for .. 7 hrs the other day.Trying to understand how the fuck. In the end he just went to sleep and put a note in the windscreen to wake him up if traffic began to move again.

I don't think there are any other guys. Snotling was kinda waning (as in lol gone) and Tsamados was not too chuffed iirc. Eggburger was new and can't be relied upon to care anymore in all fairness. I mean this is his first GM Flounce. Can't expect the brutha to be down with the whole 'this could take ten years to complete' shitz on the first pass.

#43 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 00:30

Tomb-2001

Hopefully everyone will get your update and be back for more punishment. On a positive note this flounce was only half as long as the last one - so things are looking up!

#44 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 00:52

Eggburger

Eggburger was new and can't be relied upon to care anymore in all fairness. I mean this is his first GM Flounce. Can't expect the brutha to be down with the whole 'this could take ten years to complete' shitz on the first pass.

I do *so* care, man.
[replaces exhausted F5 key]
Let's rock!

#45 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 11:42

Grognard
Spergelord

Awww. High fives and manly back slaps all round.

I figure rather than bugger about waiting for everyone not to come back I'll just go ahead and do the update when you two reach a concenus? Anyone who doesn't make a re-appearance you guys can do their characterining(tm) between you .. or I can. Until such a time as they become :effort: or someone else comes along. Upselling this furiously but, well, surely its more fun playing more than one character in the same story? :) More room to make interesting things happen and less buggering about, waiting between updates, random reading comprehension fail etc.
That is not to say I don't want everyone to come back obviously but that seems about as likely as me earning more than 20k a year before I die. Init.

#46 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 12:17

Tomb-2001

I'm now thinking we should head over to the Kaisersnitzel and see if we can gleen any more gossip on the main protanganists from Gustav & Harry - After that we could go and pay Albrecht Oldenhaller a visit (if he will see us) on the understanding that we might be able to assist him in finding the 'bauble'. He might also be a source of information on the other parties.

Motivations for this are - now Betta has come to an accomodation with Magnus she feels we kind of owe him for getting us out of Ingrid's. The potential of a reward from Oldenhaller might be a stronger motivation for others in the group. Also on face value Oldenhaller is the most legit lead we have - i.e. no rumours of scary dwarfs!

#47 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 13:10

Eggburger

I agree. K-bar first and the  see where that takes us. It's early still so I'd guess Gustav and Harry might be groggy still which might be to our advantage.

#48 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 17:34

Grognard
Spergelord

OK so you're going to the K'snitzl to see what Harry has to say.

Mattias has asked you to investigate and see if you can gain some leverage with Oldenhaller or whichever branch of the criminal underworld is running the mutant underground. He seems to think the package is the 'bauble' and has made it clear he does not want 'the freakshow' falling in to the hands of some unknown third party - in this case the unsympathetic sounding 'H'.

Loose toons:

Magnus is going along with you as Mattias' man in the party and for his own reasons etc. As of yet he remains an unknown quantity to everyone except Betta after their little tete-a-tete last night.

Siegfried is completely unimpressed by Mattias and Gropecunt and has made it clear he's only taking hard cash from Mattias not pretty words. Since Mattias hasn't got any hard cash this leaves Siegfried uncommitted but involved. He'll follow the group concensus and grudgingly seems to have accepted Betta as the group's leader (for now). Don't rely on him etc. He's become increasingly foul mouthed since losing some teeth last night and getting wasted didn't improve things much. He's also somewhat animated and temperamental since last night and clearly doesn't seem to like mutants either.

Dieter seems to be a bit green and impressionable but has proven his bravery and loyalty to the group in the skirmish last night. Basically a 17 year old kid out of his depth. He'll do whatever Waldermar does as the two of them seem to have a big brother little brother sort of thing going on. They also seem to be the most bashed about of the bunch and neither is going to be much use in a fight for a while. 

Waldermar's face is a total mess and although he's been stitched he's also sporting a concussion and severe swelling. Waldermar is a gentleman but the horror of last night and the punishing beating will have affected him. A harsh introduction to the Thug Lyfe. He's also gained insanity point(s) so likely won't be so cutesy in the future. Maybe he even has The Fear?

Franz is still MIA. Nobody seems to care about that. I infer that the group basically think he just ran for his life and abandoned you at some point last night? Either way he's gone and isn't currently Active (tm).

Who wants who?

#49 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 18:08

Eggburger

I'll take Siegfried and Dieter?

I wonder if we need to go en masse though. Quite a lot of bodies to be trooping about.

What do you think tomb?

#50 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 18:22

Grognard
Spergelord

Not to interrupt, but I do agree! Waldermar needs genuine rest and Dieter has badly bruised ribs. Won't be much use to you. Can easily justify leaving them to recuperate at Gropecunt for a few hrs. Or they could go perform some other task/s or errands (non IC) and return with results etc.

#51 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 18:44

Eggburger

Dieter and Waldemar and Siegfried could maybe go for a relaxing walk around the University and meet back up later with a general sense of what's going on with Dirty Dietz and co. They would be under instruction not to get embroiled in anything, though. Just have a looksee and maybe chat with some students.

Magnus can come along to the tavern with Betts and Katalin.

#52 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 20:09

Tomb-2001

OOC: Sounds like a plan while they are without owners - maybe they could akso call by at the temple of Shallya? Happy to pick up Waldemar in the interim & Franz (the crazy mother') if relevant - I suggest Magnus stays GM side for now.

#53 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 21:07

Eggburger

Agreed. Let's do that thing.

#54 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 21:15

Kaine

Magnus will NOT stay GM side, woot woot! Off to the tavern...

#55 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 21:19

Grognard
Spergelord

Kaine wrote:

Magnus will NOT stay GM side, woot woot! Off to the tavern...

Eyyyuup! Welcome back m8. :)

I reckon three is a quorum whichever way you look at it.

#56 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 21:22

Tomb-2001

Nice one Kaine :)

#57 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 21:32

Kaine

Glad to be back, hope you are all well after our wfrp vacation!

#58 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 21:40

Grognard
Spergelord

Hidden text

T&C's apply: I have to go buy a sofa tomorrow after work. For realz. My next day off is Sunday (I get every Sunday off which is a massive fucking deal and one of the reasons I love this new job!) so don't expect fireworks between now and then pls. I'll do what I can obv. I lone work all day but its a mobile role so I don't get any tube time until after I finish. It takes about 3 hrs to do an update so realistically its gonna be a couple of days at least. I've never tried doing it piecemeal before. I'll work out a routine that works afore too long ..! My guess it will be Sunday every week plus whatever sliding midweek day off I get (Thursday next week, Friday the week after etc). The reason I think I can do this better now is because I'm getting 8 hours of exercise a day every day and I'm used to 15 hr days. Beforehand I just got drunk a lot and stayed up all night before not going to work the next day. Ya get me. I'm committing to two updates a week and if we keep using the methods (non-punctuated dialog, if/else/then contingencies etc) we developed previously, they'll be good n meaty.

#59 Wednesday, 15th April 2015 21:50

Eggburger

Excellent.

Getting the band back together...

#60 Friday, 17th April 2015 19:35

Grognard
Spergelord

Hidden text

Another super busy day. Titter ye not. Forthcoming. Here's some Couperin to fill the void.

Board footer