Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Play by Post Games

Interactive fiction in the Old World

You are not logged in.

#1 Wednesday, 11th February 2015 14:20

Tomb-2001

NOTHING IS EVER AS SIMPLE AS IT SEEMS/ DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

If you are interested and haven't already watched it this documentary is an interesting exploration of how the black and white world of political span and media reporting is glosses over the complexities of a situation - i.e. there are no 'good' or 'bad' guys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 … itter-lake

#2 Wednesday, 11th February 2015 14:55

Eggburger

Re: NOTHING IS EVER AS SIMPLE AS IT SEEMS/ DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Absolutely.

I watched this on my laptop in bed just before I fell asleep a few days back. Deeply unsettling experience. I've enjoyed all of Curtis' stuff that I've watched - and his experiment this time with slowing the pace right down is very interesting.

Wouldn't it be great to produce something that aped his style but concerned the WFRP world...

[pictures of Dwarves dancing / engineers diverting the river Reik into Altdorf / a child watching Kislevite soldiers march through his sacked village] "The ruling elite used to believe in a simple story of good versus evil. But in attempting to tell this story to the world, they have succeeded in destroying it, and brought about a period of confusion where notions of good and evil are impossible to tell apart. This confusion is everywhere, but is concentrated in key locations. For the last fifty years, the elite of Nuln have struggled with their addiction to trade and to status. But what the ruling elite of Nuln didn't know was that all of their plans, and even their established place in the Old World, would be fatally disturbed as the result of an accidental meeting between two unknown men almost 100 years before..." [things continue in a similar vein for two and a half hours.]

#3 Wednesday, 11th February 2015 23:41

Tomb-2001

Well put - but I think it would be deeply depressingexperience to write and anyway who is going to believe in a screwed up world like that! I mean we're the good guys right? ;(

#4 Thursday, 12th February 2015 08:48

Eggburger

Everyone thinks they are in the right.

Board footer